Monday, June 13, 2011

Homestudy is finished!

We got the news that our homestudy is finished and I will be getting it this Friday!  I am so happy to be done with this part of the process.  I've been missing from this blog because I have been so busy getting documents ready to send off to Sergey's country once we get our homestudy.  I don't want to waste any time:)  Once we send everything out we will just be waiting on our fingerprint date and then for our approval from the country.  Then we will set up our travel dates to go meet Sergey, this will be our first trip, we have to make a total of two trips.  The first trip is set up for us to meet Sergey and to tell them that we want to continue with the adoption. This trip will last about 5-7 days.  The second trip will be roughly about a 2-3 months after the first trip which will last anywhere from 2-3 weeks.  And this is where we will get to bring him home!!  I am so ready to be done with the paperwork, but I understand that it's all necessary.  We are still planning on having another garage sale, because we are about $8,000.00 short so I am all ears for any ideas on how to raise the rest of the money.  Also please be in prayer for my friend Lisa, she is going to meet the little boy who started it all for me.  Little Cliff now named Joshua will be going home to his new family soon.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!

And I would also like to introduce to you a very sweet lady.  Anna contacted me during my fundraiser and since then we have become very good friends.  Anna is adopting little Blake who is on my sidebar.  We began talking about her desire to adopt but that her husband was still unsure.  We have prayed over him for the last few months and a few weeks ago they committed to little Blake.  I am so excited for them and hope you will hop on over to their blog and congratulate them.  I meant to write this a week ago but got behind, sorry Anna:(

2 comments:

  1. how wonderful! i am too excited for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is wonderful news! I am so happy for you, Danielle!!!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...