Monday, March 7, 2011

We have some exciting news!

So I have been missing in action for a while now and that's because I have been up to my eyeballs in paperwork...



 paperwork for this sweet little guy!

Meet the newest Farley!  His name is Sergey, he's 2 1/2 years old and he has Down Syndrome.   And we are super excited to make him apart of our family!  We just got permission a few days ago to be able to share our news with friends and family.  Those of you who read this blog know that I have posted many things about the Orphan crisis, it has been a burden on my heart for a while now.  But it wasn't until December 2010 when I first saw sweet little Cliff through Reece's Rainbow's Angel Tree Program that we seriously started praying about what we were to do.  We firmly believe the Orphan crisis is the Christian's problem and not the worlds'. We had already fallen in love with our little guy but we wanted to make sure that it was God's will for us. So while we waited for God to show us we did anything we could to help, like becoming a Prayer Warrior for Vladislav.  I pray desperately for him daily that a family will find him.

 It wasn't until February 23, 2011 that the Lord confirmed it in our hearts that we were to make Sergey apart of our family.  We contacted Reece's Rainbow immediately!  We are now in the beginning stages of our Home Study, we had our first meeting last Thursday and passed with flying colors:) We covet your prayers though, as we are not yet out of the woods.  We still have to send out paperwork to the country that Sergey is from to be matched to him.  While we are matched to him through our agency we aren't through the country he is from.  So the rush is to get out our paperwork for his country as soon as possible!  We are still waiting on certified copies of my birth certificates, my original was damaged by our family dog when I was growing up, so that I can get my passport.  Which is imperative for most of our documents.  Fingerprinting, medical exams for us and the kids, and coming up with all the funds for the adoption, phew!  Our main prayer throughout this whole adoption is for God to be glorified through it all, for less of us and a whole lot of Him!!!  He has already shown Himself in so many ways throughout this process, that we are so excited to see Him at work throughout the rest.  We are also heading into uncharted territory, we know some of what to expect, but know that there will be many changes to come.  We are also humbly asking for any help you can give financially.  International adoption is not cheap so we are asking that you would prayerfully consider giving to our adoption fund. All donations are tax deductible.  Reece's Rainbow has set up an adoption grant fund in honor of Sergey and our family.  We haven't gotten our official link with our story attached yet but it is coming soon.  But until then you can go here to donate.  Seriously we understand how tight things can be, so even if it's $2.00 it all adds up and will be greatly appreciated.  We love you guys and want everyone to be apart of this journey with us.  We want you all to see God's work in this! 

Love,
The Farley's

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys!
    The kids have been talking all about their little brother {Avery and Madi were discussing if he was a 'little brother' or 'baby brother'...so sweet} since last week. It's been so sweet hearing them share and show me pictures they drew of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little blessing God has chosen for you. Your family is truly the perfect place to nurture this little child. He will be forever blessed, and so will you! Much love and congratulations! xoxo Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, danielle, i have had every intention of writing you sooner, but it seems that every time i start, life gets in the way! :)

    i am so excited for you and your precious family! what an awesome thing you have decided to do. no doubt you are going to be blessed beyond comprehension with this little guy. those eyes. those sweet blue eyes. SIGH.

    i am here if you have any questions about ds. or anything really! you know where to find me!

    so much to say, but never enough time. sending many prayers and well wishes your way!

    love, amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. awghhh I am sooo excited for you :) I LOVE Sergey..and it makes my heart so happy to know you and he are both on the winning sides..I can't wait to follow your journey : ) I will help as much as I can..we did a bake sale at my work for him : ) i tried to get his fund up as much as possible..congrats my new friend : ) (great name btw)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such great news! We will be praying about all of this and about the donating. We can't wait to meet Sergey! New nephew to spoil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle and family! :) This is very exciting and this little guy is so blessed to be apart of your family and I'm sure he will be such a blessing as well! He is so sweet. Hope you're all doing well. Good luck with the donation and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are SO excited for you all, and are praying for you constantly! This is an exciting time and also a busy one...know that we are here if there is ANYTHING we can do to help you. We love you, Farley family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I am a RR follower/prayer warrior and also a mom of 3, one by adoption and 2 by birth, one of whom has DS. Please know that my family and I (just one state east) will be praying for you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and your family!!! I have been going on RR for a few months now and I fell in love with Sergey and I am so excited he is being adopted!!! Can't wait to see pics of him home with his family!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to see that Sergey is getting a wonderful Christian family! I have been looking at Reece's Rainbow for months, wishing we would be in a (financial) position to bring one of them home. I was so drawn to Sergey, even left his picture up on the screen for my husband to see too :) Obviously we weren't the family for him, but glad he is getting one and can't wait to watch your story unfold!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...