Friday, October 22, 2010

Dreaming of a white kitchen



I have been collecting magazine pictures for my dream home for many years now, since I was a teenager in fact. Waiting for that day to use them in that perfect home I've been praying about for so long. Waiting and waiting for the Lord to answer my prayer in my way with the house that I want. Hmm, something has been really wrong with my thinking don't ya think. When we came to the conclusion that the Lord was telling us to stay here in Washington I knew that I was going to have to be content with the home God has given me and I didn't submit so easily in the beginning. With the market the way it is there is no way we could sell it for what we bought it for. And it's not that the house isn't nice, it's just not my style I guess is what I'm trying to say. So with all that being said I have been thinking of ways to give this house more of the character I love. To love the home I'm in right now and may be in forever. Ash gave me his blessing by surprising me with a drawer pull that I want to use on the kitchen drawers. I was so excited to have that green light!
It's amazing to finally be able to use some of that creative energy that has been pent up for so long.
source of the picture above: The Lettered Cottage You should check out their story, they redid their whole kitchen with just some paint and some trim work. The before and afters are truly amazing!



I will be realistic we aren't going to be able to do a whole reno on our kitchen but we will be doing a few cosmetic changes. I have taken inspiration from all these beautiful pictures and am combining bits and pieces of them into our kitchen. The above two pics are where we will mostly be heading with the kitchen. Lots of beadboard, upper cabinets will be painted white with some crown molding and the lower cabinets will be a light grey like the pic just above. We'll be adding some knobs to the cabinets and beadboard to the ceiling, and definitely a new light fixture. I want to add lots of vintage accessories to my kitchen as well as my pantry just like The House of Smiths. Check out what she did, it's BEAUTIFUL!!
Here's what our kitchen looks like now, these pics were taken right when we moved in almost four years ago. But it's pretty much the same.


It will probably be a slow process as funds allow but I will show pictures as we start and update you on all of our progress. I am so excited! I'm sure I won't be when I'm painting a hundred cabinet doors(slight exageration) but you get the idea:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...