Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to AZ!

As you leave Nevada to go into AZ you pass through the Hoover Dam, it is really amazing and beautiful to see. I wish we would have had more time to stop to look around, instead I took these as we drove through. I love the look of all the natural elements uniting with the industrial materials. When we left three years ago they had just started breaking ground on this awesome bridge. So it was a total surprise to see how far they had come and how massive it was. We definitely need to make this a priority for a future trip.
My pics really don't do it justice, for instance the mountains are more of a red rock, so the contrast between the mountains and the bright cement looked really cool. And a little side note if you watch the movie "Transformers", one of my all time favorite movies, you will see the Hoover Dam in all its glory. But I have to say that this was probably the most beautiful sight to behold and made my heart skip a beat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...