Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thank you

How do you thank someone properly who has shown you complete and selfless kindness, and oh by the way we've never met.  I had ordered a print for my Mom and was so excited about it I just had to thank the artist and let her know what joy it brought me.  In complete honesty I had no idea that my response could be read by others, I thought it  was sent directly to the artist's personal email, shows you how little I know what I am doing when I'm on the computer:)  The story goes something like this... a while back my Mom shared with me some struggles she was going through, on one of these harder days she had gone to McDonald's to get a sweet tea and while she was waiting in the drive thru she paused for a moment to pray that God would provide for her needs and that He would take care of her.  When she looked up she noticed a little sparrow dancing around on top of the SUV in front of her.  It had just found a french fry and was apparently loving life at that moment.  As my Mom watched this she knew right then that the Lord had heard her prayer and had let her know that He was going to take care of her just like He takes care of the birds of the air.   Shortly after she shared this story with me I came upon this print that I thought was a perfect reminder for her to never forget what God had shown her on that day.


Never in a million years did I expect anything from the comment I left, I just needed to tell the artist how she and her art had been used to be a blessing to me and I hope to my Mom as well.  But  I was to be blessed yet again by a sweet lady named Jane, who had read  my response and was touched by the story.  And said that she would love to treat me to a print of my choice.  I am so beyond humbled by this act of kindness, I can't even begin to tell you what this means to me.  Jane, thank you from the bottom of my heart, I will forever remember this act of kindness when I look at this print:)  Jane also has a wonderful etsy shop called Sew Plain Jane it is so adorable, you must check it out!

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Matthew 6:25 & 26

2 comments:

  1. That is the most wonderful story!! I love it when God does something so beautifully personal to communicate His love to us!!!

    Wow!

    Lovely to meet you! A mommy to six! So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for brightening my day my dear daughter.
    What an awesome poster.....as the bird danced, Ta Ta Ta Da Da Dee Doo....Click Click Click went his little feet. God is so good!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...