Friday, March 8, 2013

My favorite cookie

I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, correction I LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough and I'm a little selfish when it comes to sharing it with my kids.  Yada yada salmonella... I know, I know.  It was about 7 or 8 years ago when I was on the hunt for a really good cookie recipe that was soft and chewy.  I found this recipe here long ago, I tried to find it in the archives but couldn't.  But this is where I got it and wanted to give the proper cred.  Thanks Heidi!

*Note~ the measurements are doubled because I like to have a lot of cookies, so if you don't want that many just half everything.  But believe me you won't want to:)

Ingredients:
*2 C. brown sugar
*1 C. Granulated Sugar
*2 C. (2 sticks) Butter flavored Crisco sticks
*4 eggs
*2 tsp. vanilla (overkill a little)
*4 C. flour
*2 tsp. salt
*2 tsp. baking soda
*1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chocolate chips
* bag of chopped walnuts (optional)
I usually get about 75 cookies out of this batch.


Combine in mixer all sugars and Crisco sticks and mix until fluffy.  Next, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until really fluffy (about 2 minutes).  Then add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until combined. Last, mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.  Scoop about 2in. balls on to baking sheet.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 11 minutes.


Cookies will seem a little doughy when you pull them out of the oven, I let them sit for about another minute or two to cook on the baking sheet and then scoop them on to a plate or cooling rack. They will be a perfect combination of warm, soft, melty, gooey and chewy.


Serve them to cute kiddos who have asked you about 50 times "When are they going to be done?!"

Let me know what you think!


Wait a sec, I think I may have found something a bit more yummy...om nom nom!



1 comment:

  1. I'll take the chunky one at the end!

    Mr. BooFace

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...