Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where I'm at

This is a good read, Love with abandon, she articulates so well some things that have been weighing on my heart for some time now.

LOVE THESE...
"I want to spend myself-my life, my time, my resources-with reckless abandon.  So that one day, when I stand before Him, I have nothing left.  Nothing wasted.  Nothing squandered."

"And so I will not doze off in the sleepy shire, I will engage in the battle.  I want blisters on my hands and fatigue deep in my bones and scars on my heart from all I've seen and experienced---because too much is at stake."

"Choose to live with eyes open.  Stop spectating.   Suit up, and get on the field, where you strive for the goal, but often meet resistance and sometimes fail.  It is not funner, it's harder.  At times it feels like a burden.  But it is what is true.  What is real.  And it is worth it, because it is where Jesus resides."

" Don't excuse yourself by saying, "Look, we didn't know."  For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.  He who guards your soul knows you knew.  He will repay all people as their actions deserve."  Prov. 24:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...