Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Tatum

Yesterday was Tatum's seventh birthday, I can't believe how time has flown by. She is a pretty cool kid to have around. She's as witty as her dad, likes to goof around and is constantly making us laugh, but is also a very girlie girl. She is also quite the artist and loves to do all kinds of crafts, Michael's is her favorite store. We had a birthday party for her on Saturday at our church, with a strawberry theme. The menu consisted of strawberry lemonade, peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches cut into flower shapes, cake pops made to look like strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, and strawberry cupcakes with strawberry meringue butter cream frosting. These by the way were awesome, they were from the Martha Stewart Cupcake cookbook. If you don't have this book you need to go and get it! My lovely friend Alyssa gave me my copy. Unfortunately, I made the frosting the night before and refrigerated it to frost the next day but didn't let it get to room temperature like the directions said and it died :( Me, Ash and our friend David can attest to how wonderful the frosting was. My friend Alyssa came to the rescue and ran to the store to get frosting and sprinkles, we had them finished just in time for the party. She also was a huge help with party supplies and decorating, thank you, thank you, thank you! My other lovely friend Vil also helped with prep, decorating and bringing yummy food, I can't thank you enough! The last thing on the menu was an icecream cake I made. I got the recipe out of Woman's Day Magazine. It had icecream sandwhiches cut into fours as the outer layer with an oreo cookie crust on the bottom. I then layered mint chocolate chip icecream then vanilla and last was strawberry of course. And topped off with a whole tub of cool whip and garnished with a strawberry, it was delicious!And here's some pics of the party. I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked to. It's hard being hostess and mama all at the same time.

Tatum with her mini me(Madi)

Trevor and Prestin, by the way Prestin is making the "I love You" sign not the "rock n' roll devil" sign lol. He just forgot to raise his thumb, he told me he was saying I love you , mom.

Alyssa and Lyndie


This is what happens David when you don't want your picture taken and you make funny faces instead, you end up on my blog.

Present time!


The day of her birthday we surprised her with donuts, one of her favorite things to eat, and sang happy birthday.
I love the face Ainsley is making in this pic.She also took cupcakes to school as well.
Here's some pics of my baby, I don't have baby pics because that was before I had a digital camera. And sorry I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to post so I posted them all. hee hee


















Love you Baby Doll!

1 comment:

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...