Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hello everyone, I hope your holidays were great! Ours was very nice. The kids had a lot of fun this year. Prestin and Tatum had a little bell recital at the church, which was adorable. Halfway into the song Tatum got distracted, so there was a long pause until her teacher got her attention and she rang her solitary note. It was pretty funny.The little blonde boy next to Prestin is his new best friend named Kaden.
They are so cute when they get together and they play so well. Prestin had his first sleepover last Friday and man were they hyper, but it was all worth it to see Prestin so happy.Prestin also had a Mommy and me day at his school. We got to make gingerbread houses, it was so cute to see him with his classmates. His teacher says he's doing great! We're truely blessed with the teacher he got this year, she's awesome with the kids.
He also got his first report card and he is excelling in everything. We also made some gingerbread houses of our own. They turned out really cute. Avery and Tatum made houses, Prestin made a train, and Madi just ate frosting and stuck it in her hair.



Christmas was really nice this year, we just hung around in pajamas all day and played with toys. We did go to Christmas Eve service at our church which was nice. We got all dressed up and took pictures before we went but you have to understand that it is almost impossible to get everybody to look at the camera at the same time, so here are a couple that were decent.

I'm a total dork because I didn't take any pictures of the kids opening presents. I just forgot but we did get it on video. So hopefully we can get a video put together and post it on the blog. I did however manage to get these pics of Ainsley in her cute little Christmas outfit.

We didn't have a white Christmas but it snowed the day after. The kids played in it for about a half hour until it started raining. And even then I had to tell them to come in. It melted later that day and we haven't had any since.I went to a wedding on Saturday for our friends Cammie and Matt.
We met them at our church, Matt is the Pastor's son and Cammie has been a great friend since we moved here. The wedding was beautiful. We didn't have a babysitter so I went with my friend Kayla, also from church and happens to be Kaden's mom as well.And this is me and my friend Jennifer, she was one of the bride's maids. Her husband Lance works for Ash and was the guy who invited us to the church we go to. She has probably been the most wonderful friend I have ever had. She was there for me when I went into the hospital when I was pregnant with Ainsley and Ash had gone out of town on business. I had to drag all the kids with me to the hospital because I didn't know anyone to watch them. I had her number and only had met her once or twice. She came right down and took the kids for me and she has been there for me ever since. For those of you that I have told, she is my friend that had the twin girls, Grace and Faith, at 23 weeks pregnant, which is unheard of. They are only a few weeks younger than Ainsley, and have gone through a lot. But I am happy to say that they are doing extremely well and the doctors are saying that they will be able to come home in a few weeks. How exciting! Please continue to keep praying for them. New Year's Eve was just as laid back as Christmas, we watched some movies and that was pretty much it. I know we're wild and crazy people! And something a little unexpected, we think Ainsley might have curly hair. All of a sudden the other day it started curling on the top of her head and has been that way ever since. It's adorable! I hope it stays, but I'll keep you posted. She's also been sitting up a little and scooting across the floor like a little inch worm. She's also been really cranky, she's been teething lately so I hope I'll see a little tooth here very shortly. And here are before and after pictures of Tatum and Avery's room, Madi and Ainsley's will be on the next post.I'm sorry this piture is tilted but I didn't want to take the time to fix it.We still need to get some curtains and Ash is going to put crown moulding up, but it looks so much better. I love it. So anyways that's it for now, except for this funny picture of Madi, who by the way decided this past week she was going to start talking. So everyday there are like four new words she adds to her vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great update on everyone. We sure missed you all for Christmas it was very quiet. What a beautiful family you have. The kids are getting so big. It sounds like everyone is settling in and making friends, thats so important, you dont feel so islolated that way. Great cat from the last update, glad that Zippy was found. Miss you all much, hugs and kisses to all. Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...