Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Family Reunion Pics

Okay, so I just now have the energy to write. Wow, what a trip! Can I just say that I am still so exhausted from it that we have decided that the next time we consider taking that trip again will be like five years from now, because we will just then have regained our energy. It was seriously 26 hours each way and with time constraints we drove straight through both ways. The way up there was fine because we were rested and excited to see everyone, but coming back was a bear. Ash drove most of the way(poor guy)and I drove maybe six hours, if that. I kept having hallucinations that deer were jumping out in front of me or lying dead in the road, and I would slam on the breaks so that I wouldn't hit them. It definitely made for a fun ride home(hee hee). But I definitely had my reasons for being cautious because the proof was everywhere, it was disgusting. We had to pull over a couple of times to sleep in parking lots for half hour stretches, it was miserable. Ash has let go of his bitterness with all the potty breaks we had to make along the way, even though he caught up to all the cars he had passed, it's a haunting thought to think how much further he could have been. But it was all worth it in the end to see all of you, we wish we could have seen everybody or spent more time with the ones we did see. We really miss everyone, but not the heat! It was great to get together with everyone at the family reunion, it was a fun day, windy, but fun. These are just a few pics from the family reunion, we loved hanging out with everybody and seeing the kids play together, big and little. Our door is open to anyone who wants to come up. I'll post more pics of our trip in the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...