Sunday, September 16, 2012

One month



I can't believe how time has flown by!

I have been working on my unfinished projects that I keep saying I will show you.  Here is one of those projects, I started this chevron quilt a few months ago.  I would have finished it before he was born but I couldn't find a backing material that I liked.  Finally a few weeks ago I found this cute whale material and thought it was sweet, plus the colors were just what I wanted.  This was my very first quilt, there are tons of imperfections but I still love the way it turned out:)  I used this pattern here.


I was inspired by this chevron quilt I found on Pinterest a few months ago.

We are getting back into a schedule now that the kids have started school.  We have five in school this year, 5th, 4th 2nd, 1st and Kindergarten with two at home with me.  They are all getting so big!


We celebrated Avery's 8th birthday on Friday.  I have also been working on our adoption paperwork for court.  If I am being realistic I don't think we will be taking our second trip until the beginning of the new year.  We just had to have our homestudy updated because it was going to expire, so we had our social worker over last Thursday to get that done.  We are waiting on our FBI background checks because those expired as well.  We also found out last week that Russia is now requiring 80 hours more of adoption education, I am trying to figure out where we are going to find the time to figure that all out.  I just don't see us getting that all done before December, which for that whole month Russia pretty much shuts down so I don't want to get stuck over there during the holidays.  We are getting very close to hitting the two year mark of our adoption process, what a journey it has all been.

4 comments:

  1. So much to love in this post!! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did an incredible job...and the picture of Radley on it is so.cute. The kids back to school picture is crazy fun...they all look so grown up..love it of all of them! Not loving the paperwork...and extras, but I know it is in God's timing and all of it is in His hands and I LOVE and trust that :) continuing to pray over all the details and looking forward to seeing more of your projects...again LOVE the QUILT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! Our kids are cute! And you did an awesome job on the quilt ... Color me impressed ;)

    Mr. BooFace

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...