Thursday, February 16, 2012

A few things

The whole month of January I was really sick.  Pretty much laid out on the couch for a month, you could just imagine what my house looked like...disgusting!  Then the kids all got the stomach flu, one kid would get sick then two days later the next one would get it.  That pattern went on for two weeks.  We are all doing better now and I am slowly entering the land of the living.

I never did a post on Christmas...it was good:)  We are very blessed.  My sister got to visit with us for two weeks... loved the sister time:)


My 19 year old brother just bought a house on the beach (bragging a little...so proud of him) so he wanted to have Christmas at his house.  It was a great day.



We have Australian stick bugs.  Why you ask?  I really can't give you a sane answer other than my husband and kids think they're cool.  You should have seen what I had to talk my husband out of getting.

A few weeks ago we had a lot of snow and the kids got to miss a whole week of school.


This was just the first day of snow we ended up getting two more feet of snow the next day.

We have an appointment next Wednesday to have a Psychiatric evaluation, this is something they added just recently.  Sergey's country requires now that each parent have an evaluation, my guess is that they can't understand why we would want to adopt a child with Down syndrome so they want to make sure we're sane.

Kind of sad:(

So we are doing whatever it takes.  And let me tell you this has been no easy thing to get.  I think I called at least 20 Psychiatrists and only one was willing to help.  I am so thankful.  After this appt. we get our paperwork apostilled and send it to EE.  We then wait for travel dates.  We have no idea how long that will take.  We are hoping that it won't take long since there have been rumors that Sergey's country might be putting a stop on adoptions for a while.  Although I am not worried, I feel with what we have recently gone through with our adoption and the obstacles we have overcome that God is working on our behalf...He's got this:)

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain... we finally tracked down a psychologist that will see us Monday. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...